Best fund selectors in the Nordics 2017Posted by Niklas Tell / November 14th, 2017 / No responses
On November 9, institutional investors, fund selectors and representatives from eight international fund companies gathered at the Royal Coin Cabinet in Stockholm for the 8th annual Nordic Fund Selection Awards to celebrate and award excellence in fund- and manager selection.
- The Nordic equity mandate/fund search of the year award was presented by American Century Investments and the winner was Länsförsäkringar Fondförvaltning for its SEK 1.5 billion Global Emerging market equity mandate search, which was completed in March 2017.
- The Nordic fixed income mandate/fund search of the year award was presented by AXA Investment Managers and the winner as AP1, for its USD 900 million global high yield credit search, which was completed in June 2017.
- The Nordic Investment Consultancy of the year award was presented by BMO Global Asset Management and the winning team was Grieg Investor.
- The Danish fund selection team of the year award was presented by T. Rowe Price and the winning team was Danske Bank Wealth Management.
- The Finnish fund selection team of the year award was presented by Kames Capital and the winning team was Ilmarinen.
- The Norwegian fund selection team of the year award was presented by Legg Mason and the winning team was Storebrand Asset Management.
- The Swedish fund selection team of the year award was presented by Robeco and the winning team was AP1.
- The Nordic Fund Selection Personality of the year award was presented by Pictet and the winner was Fredrik Wilander, head of manager selection at DNB Asset Management in Norway.
The methodology for the country specific awards and also for the Nordic Investment Consultancy of the year award is based on an online survey where fund companies active in the Nordic region submit ratings on Nordic selection teams across four themes (outlined below). Ratings are given on a scale of 1-5 with 5 being the best. The team with the highest average rating was announced as the winner. The methodology for the mandate/fund search of the year awards and the personality of the year award are more qualitative where Tell Media Group, with input from the industry, decides on the winner.
- How important is the team (in terms of potential asset flows & brand)?
- How good (professional) do you perceive the selection process used by the team to be?
- How good is the team at communicating with you throughout the selection process?
- How good is the team at integrating ESG considerations in the selection process?
More detailed information from the Nordic Fund Selection Awards 2017, including all statistics, will be published in an awards supplement in December (distributed with Nordic Fund Selection Journal issue 06). Subscribers to FBNW, our online news service will be able to find a PDF version here).